Vancouver School Catchment - Westside Real Estate
Courtesy of False Creek Elementary PAC
School boundaries are a determining factor for many families searching for a new home in the westside of Vancouver. The area offers some of the best educational institutions in the Lower Mainland. While owning UBC real estate is a convenience when attending the University of British Columbia, it is essential when it comes to selecting an elementary or secondary school for your children in the same area. If not located in the right catchment, your children may not be able to attend the school best suited for them. Thus matching family homes with highly desireable Vancouver school catchments becomes an important offering for any Realtor hoping to serve young families.
To begin, here are a few steps to consider when seeking a Realtor experienced in Vancouver School Catchment real estate:
1. Identify the school/s that you desire your children to attend but don't pick just one. Consider back up alternatives. Preferred school catchments may not meet your home buying budget or there may even be an issue with preferred private schools being difficult to gain acceptance to.
2. Ask yourself what kind of property best suits your family's situation. Are you willing to downsize for the sake of living within a particular Vancouver school catchment? Young families also need to consider if there may be new additions to the family (more children!) to come in the future. If so, you will likely want them attending the same school as their older siblings. This will impact your decision as to whether or not a condo or house better suits your long term plans. Remember to determine not only what your familiy's needs are now, but what they will be in the future.
3. Use the resources that are available to you in making the decision to buy real estate in Vancouver based on School Catchment.
- Download the PDF map of Vancouver School Attendance Boundaries
- Download the PDF map of Vancouver School Attendance – French Immersion - Boundaries
- Visit the Vancouver School Directory from the Vancouver School Board
4. Once you've considered the above I encourage you to contact me at my UBC real estate office with any questions about finding a home within any of the westside Vancouver School Catchment real estate zones.
Courtesy of Vancouver School Board
Elementary Schools: Sir William Osler Elementary, Sir William Van Horne Elementary School, Emily Carr Elementary, General Wolfe Elementary, Edith Cavell Elementary, Simon Fraser Elementary, L'Ecole Bilingue Elementary,
Elementary Schools: Lord Roberts Elementary, Elsie Roy Elementary
Elementary Schools: False Creek Elementary, Henry Hudson Elementary, Lord Tennyson Elementary, General Gordon Elementary, Bayview Elementary
Elementary Schools: Queen Mary Elementary, Jules Quesnel Elementary, Queen Elizabeth Elementary, Norma Rose Point Elementary, Lord Kitchener Elementary
Elementary Schools: Maple Grove Elementary, Dr. R.E. McKechnie Elementary
Elementary Schools: Kerrisdale Elementary, Kerrisdale Annex Elementary, Quilchena Elementary, Southlands Elementary
Elementary Schools: Carnarvon Elementary, Shaughnessy Elementary, Trafalgar Elementary
Elementary Schools: David Lloyd George Elementary, Dr. Annie B. Jamieson Elementary, J.W. Sexsmith Elementary, L'Ecole Bilingue Elementary, Sir Wilfrid Laurier Elementary, Sir Wilfrid Laurier Annex Elementary,
Elementary Schools: University Hill Elementary, Acadia Road Elementary