Condos & Townhouses for Sale near Hawthorn Place UBC
206 2688 WEST Mall in Vancouver: University VW Condo for sale in "Promontory" (Vancouver West) : MLS®# R2746454
206 2688 WEST Mall University VW Vancouver V6T 2J8$1,698,000Residential Attached
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,619 sq. ft.150 m2Cherish House-like living in an incredibly tranquil setting! Concrete built by Polygon. Luxurious and spacious 1619 sqft interior living space accommodates the perfect layout: 3 bedrooms including 2 ensuites, large office space for a grand piano, & powder room. This bright northwest facing corner unit with floor to ceiling windows has views from every bedroom of peaceful & private courtyard surrounded by stunning cherry blossoms. Soak up the sun on a large balcony and enjoy afternoon tea or BBQ with family. Features updated gourmet kitchen, fireplace, updated kitchen cabinets, and fresh paint. Grand lobby building entrance with concierge service, caretaker, and fitness center. 2 parking and 1 storage locker. Walking distance to grocery store and restaurants. Open house Sat Feb 4 2-4pm! More detailsListed by Macdonald Realty
From high rise condos to townhomes, Hawthorn Place neighbourhood provides a wide variety of housing options. A relatively new neighbourhood completed in 2007, Hawthorn Place consists of 709 residential units, of which 353 units are leasehold family housing, 229 units are faculty and staff rental housing, and 127 units are faculty and staff co-development housing.
A mid-campus location with an activity level in-between the quiet serenity of Chancellor Place and the hustle-bustle of East Campus, Hawthorn Place is ideal for many, including families with children. Hawthorn Place in UBC is near UBC Sauder School of Business, Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Dental School. UBC Medical, Pharmaceutical, and Dental Schools are within 10 minutes of walking distance.
Features to enjoy
Hawthorn Place amenities include proximity to UBC's Botanical Garden and centre of plant research, Thunderbird Stadium, Forintek Canada Corporation, UBC's tennis and fitness centre, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Saltspring Organic Coffee House, The Robert Osbourne Centre with UBC's Activekids and Changing Aging Programmes, trails to Tower Beach and Wreck Beach, and the Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club.
With its pedestrian paths and cycling routes , three parks –including a new community green space, Jim Taylor Park – Hawthorn Place has much to offer young families. Affluent professionals are equally attracted to the neighbourhood and the cachet of Promotory Place, where Gordon Campbell, 34th Premier of British Columbia, once lived on the 18th floor.
The neighbourhood also contains The Old Barn Community Centre, which was designed to resemble the Horse Barn that originally stood in its place. The centre’s amenities for neighbourhood residents include:
- an adjacent kids play area
- an exercise room
- two programmable meeting rooms
- a neighbourhood living room
- John Young Lounge
- The Community Centre Office
- Bean Around the World coffee shop
Located right next to the UBC Botanical Gardens, Promotory Place’s two- and three-bedroom condos include luxurious high-end finishes, access to a fitness center, 24-hour concierge service and floor-to-ceiling windows that offer residents of upper floor units breathtaking, unobstructed water and mountain views of Georgia Strait, the Gulf Islands and English Bay.
Features of the neighbourhood include a greenway that connects pedestrians from the academic core to Thunderbird Stadium; a new community green space, Jim Taylor Park; and local commercial services.
Hawthorn Place Real Estate Prices (2022)
Average Sold Price
Average Sold Price/Sqft
|1 Bedrooms||$800,000||741 sqft||$1,080/sqft|
|2 Bedrooms||$1,019,400||984 sqft||$1,037/sqft|
|3 Bedrooms||$1,502,250||1,356 sqft||$1,095/sqft|
|4 Bedrooms||$2,508,000||2,724 sqft||$921/sqft|